Let me begin by saying that, as a conservative, I simply can not vote for any candidate on the national democratic ticket. Period. There was a time when there was such a thing as a “conservative democrat”, but there is no such animal today. The party that brought us John F. Kennedy has changed dramatically, and were he alive today, I do not believe there would be a place for President Kennedy in the democratic party. Therefore, I have no real choice but to vote republican, and regardless of who the eventual republican nominee for president of the United States in 2016 is, that person will get my vote. I simply cannot, in good conscience, cast a ballot for the party that supports partial birth abortions, nor can I simply refuse to vote. So I vote republican, and this time around, for the first time in a very long time, I actually have a candidate who is a TRUE CONSERVATIVE. That candidate is Ted Cruz.
Ted Cruz went to Washington, not to “make deals’, but to change it. He has fought not only liberal democrats, but members in his own party. I hear people say that makes him the wrong person to be president. That if he can’t work with others, he won’t be able to get things done. Personally, I call what he’s done standing up for one’s principles, and I greatly admire that, but let me ask you this: has President Obama “worked with others”? Has President Obama “reached across the aisle” and made any concessions or compromises with the republicans? I doubt there is anyone who could make a strong argument that he has worked too often with republicans, if ever at all. “Making Deals” has gotten republicans NOTHING with President Obama. “Making Deals” with people who give you nothing but ask you to give in to them isn’t compromising, it’s capitulation. So, we have a president, who, for eight years, hasn’t “made deals”, yet he has gotten a lot done. Indeed, sadly, President Obama has gotten a lot of things done:
- The Affordable Healthcare Act
- Complete troop withdrawal from Iraq and Afghanistan, destabilizing the region and helping contribute to the rise of ISIS control
- Obama Administration used IRS to target conservative, Christian and pro-Israel organizations, donors, and citizens
- Obama knowingly lied to Congress and the American people about the killing of U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans in Benghazi, Libya.
- Iran Nuclear Deal
- President Obama issued, in one day, 21 separate Executive Orders that attack and undermine the Second Amendment rights of US Citizens, including amending the ObamaCare law to allow doctors and hospitals to investigate which patients own a gun, thus allowing the federal government to track and monitor law-abiding gun owners simply because they sought medical care.
These are just a sampling of some of President Obama’s so called “accomplishments”. For the past eight years, our country has been traveling down a far left path, and to get us back on the right path, we need a conservative president. We don’t only need a president to stop the damage done by eight years of a far left, liberal progressive, we need someone to UNDO that damage. We need a TRUE CONSERVATIVE. Ted Cruz stands and fights for the following:
- Protecting the Second Amendment Rights of Americans
- Restoring the Constitution as our governing standard, rolling back the federal government to the functions the Constitution sets out, and giving power back to the states and the people
- Restoring border security and enforcing immigration laws
- Restoring American leadership in the world, by, among other things, rebuilding our military, defeating ISIS, and voiding the current Iranian Nuclear Deal
- Standing alongside Israel once again
- Defending the rights of religious liberty
Ted Cruz has taken a consistently conservative stance on just about every issue. Take a look at his Presidential Profile on Conservative Review. He is rated 97% by Conservative Review for his voting record as a U.S. Senator. There really is no refuting that he is, in fact, a true conservative candidate. He is, and he is precisely what the republican party, and this country, needs.
The republican party has tried to win elections in the past with centrist candidates, like Sen. Dole, Sen. McCain, and Gov Romney. It failed. It not only failed, but failed miserably. The last republican president was a moderate conservative, G.W. Bush, who was billed as a conservative. Centrist candidates are a bust. It’s time the republican party realizes this. Ronald Reagan was a conservative, and has gone down in history as one of our greatest presidents. We need another conservative. Ted Cruz is that conservative, and that is why he is my first choice for the Republican Party Presidential Candidate for 2016. But hey, I’m just a cop.
Discuss this in the forums by clicking here.by