Again, let me begin by saying that, should Donald Trump win the Republican nomination for President, I will vote for him. Begrudgingly, as I have oft voted for the Republican candidate in the past, but I will vote for him nonetheless.
Matt Walsh recently wrote a long article over at TheBlaze, entitled Dear Trump Fan, So You Want Someone To ‘Tell It Like It Is’? OK, Here You Go., and it is an excellent article. It’s a great read, and I encourage everyone to read it. The author raises some wonderful points. But if it’s longer than you would like to read, then read on. This blog post is just over 500 words. Much shorter, much simpler.
Using the article, I have taken the liberty of making a simple list. Simple, because, well, after all, KISS, right? It’s a list of comments, actions, and ethical challenges a person needs to overcome to support Donald Trump. It’s a list of reasons why someone might have difficulty choosing Donald Trump as their first choice for the Republican candidate in the 2016 Presidential race as long as their are other choices. So here you have it: A KISS!
- Donald Trump under fire for mocking disabled reporter
- ‘He’s Not a War Hero’: Donald Trump Mocks John McCain’s Service
- So which women has Donald Trump called ‘dogs’ and ‘fat pigs’?
- Trump Rally Goer: Ted Cruz A “Pussy”
- Trump: We have to take out ISIL members’ families
- Here’s the creepy video of Donald Trump saying he’d date his own daughter
- GOP senator: ‘Weird’ that Trump brags about affairs
- Trump likens Carson’s ‘pathology’ to that of a child molester
- Trump’s ‘How stupid are the people of Iowa?’ line resurfaces in Cruz ad
- “You know, it really doesn’t matter what (the media) write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass.”
- Trump doesn’t need to ask God for forgiveness: he makes no mistakes
- Donald Trump: “Planned Parenthood Does Wonderful Things, But Not When It Comes to Abortion”
- Trump says his pro-abortion sister would make ‘phenomenal’ Supreme Court justice
- Donald Trump still battling lawsuits from defunct Trump University
- Trump’s $1 Land Deal With a Corrupt Mayor
- New PAC ad dropping in Iowa: Trump supports amnesty, you know
- Trump Tower Was Built on Undocumented Immigrants’ Backs
- The Anti-Establishment Man, Who Says We need a little Establishment
- Trump: I’ll Work With Democrats (You know, like how they work with Republicans)
- Harry Reid is a fan: Reid praises Trump for being ‘authentic’
- Don’t Forget Jimmy Carter: Jimmy Carter Chooses ‘Malleable’ Trump Over ‘Far Right Wing’ Cruz
- The King of Doublespeak: ‘That’s a retweet’: Donald Trump claims he didn’t call Megyn Kelly a ‘bimbo’ in provocative tweet
That’s twenty-two reasons to question why you should choose Trump as your first choice. That’s quite a list of reasons the Democrats have to lambaste Trump relentlessly once he gets the nomination. That’s twenty-two reasons for any level headed, reasonable person to ask,
“Is that REALLY the guy I want as President of the United States?”
Finally, it’s quite a few reasons why there is a good chance Hillary Clinton would beat Donald Trump.
That’s as of today, February 23, 2016. The election isn’t until Tuesday, November 8, 2016, almost eight months away. How many more reasons will be added to the every-growing, negative-rating-generating, reasons-independents-have-not-to-vote-for-Trump list? But hey, I’m just a cop.