Judicial Watch has made the public aware of the the following: Documents Reveal US Army Indoctrinated Soldiers on Dangers of ‘White Privilege’. These documents included the Equal Opportunity Training PowerPoint presentation entitled “Power and Privilege,” which states:
- Privilege exists when one group has something of value that is denied to others simply because of the groups they belong to, rather than because of anything they’ve done or failed to do.
- Privilege has become one of those loaded words we need to reclaim so that we can use it to name and illuminate the truth
- Race privilege gives whites little reason to pay a lot of attention to African Americans or to how white privilege affects them. “To be white in American [sic] means not having to think about it” [Quotation not attributed]
- Our society attaches privilege to being white and male and heterosexual regardless of your social class.
- Imagine a school or a workplace where all kinds of people feel comfortable showing up. [sic] valued, accepted, supported, appreciated, respected, belonging. [sic] Something very powerful keeps this from us.
- The truth of this powerful forces [sic] is everywhere, but we don’t know how to talk about it and so we act as though it doesn’t exist
- The trouble we’re in privileges [sic] some groups at the expense of others.
- It creates a yawning divide in levels of income, wealth, dignity, safety, health and quality of life.
- It promotes fear, suspicion, discrimination, harassment, and violence.
- Consider the “black woman” in Africa who has not experienced white racism and does not identify herself as a “black woman”. African, a woman, but not black.
- She only became “black” when she came to the U.S. where privilege is organized according to race, where she is assigned to a social category that bears that name and she is treated differently as a result.
- The trouble we’re in can’t be solved unless the “privileged” make the problem of privilege their problem and do something about it.
- The fact that it’s so easy for me and other people in dominant groups not to do this is the single most powerful barrier to change.
Isn’t the US Army’s job to protect our nation? What does any of this utter nonsense have to do with that job? It’s just leftist propaganda. Soldiers, like police officers, have to rely on one another to survive. They need to trust that each and every soldier has the other’s back. When the chips are down, and a soldier’s life is on the line, he or she is not going to give A RAT’S ASS about the color of the other soldier’s skin! The only thing that matters is that soldier can do his or her job. Nothing else matters. It is for this reason that racism isn’t very popular in the armed forces. Indoctrinating soldiers with this leftist propaganda does nothing but sow dissension and racial tension. As the saying goes, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”, but that’s never stopped the left from injecting their warped views into the minds of a captive audience. The left’s motto is, “If there’s no problem, we’ll create one!” It’s time we stop letting them create problems. But hey, I’m just a cop.by