Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
I hope everyone is having a delightful weekend, this, the last weekend prior to super Tuesday. I don’t normally post on the weekend, but, as they say with the news, “This just in…”, or more accurately, I just heard this. I will keep it short.
Freedom of Religion has been under assault in this country for a number of years.
- President Obama exchanged the all-encompassing “freedom of religion” for the much more narrowly defined “freedom of worship.”
- Oregon Bakery Owners Fined $150,000.00 for Refusing to Make A Cake
- Gay Couple Suing New York Bed And Breakfast For Not Hosting Wedding
- Supreme Court Declines To Hear New Mexico Gay Wedding Photography Case
- Bishops Say Rules on Gay Parents Limit Freedom of Religion
Freedom of Speech is being relentlessly attacked on College Campuses all over the nation:
- Wesleyan Student Describes Backlash For Op-Ed Criticizing Black Lives Matter
- Campus Activists Weaponize ‘Safe Space’
- Yale protests over racial insensitivity escalate following Halloween costume emails as video shows student blasting professor: ‘Who the f–k hired you?’
- College: Saying ‘politically correct’ is a microaggression
- free speech is under attack on the nation’s campuses with too few willing to defend it
And now, THIS JUST IN… we have Donald Trump going after the media, threatening to sue publications for writing negatively about him:
So yet again I ask, is this the man we want as the Republican nominee? Is this what conservatism is really about, suppressing the First Amendment right of Freedom of the Press?
Do the tenets of FREEDOM OF RELIGION, FREEDOM OF SPEECH, & FREEDOM OF THE PRESS have any meaning anymore?
What is happening to my country?!?!?! But hey, I’m just a cop.by